Photo-Forum, the organisers of must-attend photo-talks and general gatherings in London Town, have announced details of their 2016 Christmas event and end of year celebrations
Join the Photo-Forum team on December 15th as they celebrate another outstanding year of talks with our annual Christmas party and End of Year Show. Not only will they be featuring an exhibition of images from recent speakers, but they are also inviting you to submit your
own work for a chance to exhibit alongside their Photo-Forum alumni. Entries will also be in the running to win the ‘Best in Show’ prize.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Submissions are open until 23:00, 30th November 2016.
- One single image made or first published in the last 12 months may be entered.
- Both a print and a digital submission are required to be part of the exhibition.
- As the exhibition is being held in theprintspace gallery, all prints are required to have been printed by theprintspace. You may deliver an existing theprintspace print or create a new one including ‘Photo-Forum Xmas Show’ in the order instructions at theprintspace website www.theprintspace.co.uk. If you are creating a new print, enter the 30% off discount code ‘PhotoForumXmas’ when ordering. The code is valid for one print only and only for orders marked “Photo-Forum Xmas Show”.
- Prints can be up to a maximum size of 16in (4800px) on the long edge including a white border. All images must have a border of at least one inch as prints will be hung using pins. This border should be included in the image file (use “canvas size” in the Photoshop Image menu). Please follow the printing guidelines on theprintspace website when ordering.
- Judging for the Best in Show prize will be done from digital files. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the entered image: 1800px long edge, 72dpi jpg. Name the file FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME.jpg and include your name, website and an optional image caption of max 150 words.
- The first 30 entries are guaranteed a spot in the exhibition with a selection of subsequent entries included based on space available (we are aiming to show every image but have limited space).
- By submitting your image you agree that Photo-Forum and theprintspace may use it for promotion of this exhibition and/or future Photo-Forum competitions and events across our web pages, blogs and social media accounts.
The exhibition will run from 15th to 22nd December. Prints will be stored at theprintspace for collection after the show and must be collected by 31st January
Best in Show Prize:
- Print credit of £100 from theprintspace.
- A Pixelrights website pro subscription.
- Lunch and folio review with a past Photo-Forum speaker.
- A copy of ‘Great Britons of Photography Vol.1: The Dench Dozen, by Peter Dench and Hungry Eye
About the judges:
- Annalee Mather is the outgoing magazine and features picture editor for The Independent. Annalee is currently a freelance picture editor taking on special projects.
- Giles Duley is a documentary photographer and photojournalist who is well known for his work with respected charities highlighting lesser-known humanitarian issues.
- Andrea Kurland is Editor in Chief of Huck magazine. Working closely with photographers, Andrea produces captivating work for each issue and champions photographers through the annual Documentary Photography Special issue.
Photo-Forum End of Year Show and Christmas Party
theprintspace, 74 Kingsland Rd, E2 8DL .
December 15th – 19:30-Late
Formed in 2008 Photo-Forum is an independent group organising free talks for working photographers. Held on the second Tuesday of each month from 7.30pm – 10pm, talks are free to attend with no need to book.
Location – theprintspace, 74 Kingsland Rd, London E2 8DL View Map Our thanks to theprintspace for supporting the talks.
Call For Entries: Photo-Forum End of Year Show and Christmas Party